where junk meets terrific...sometimes

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A warm welcome....

Welcome to my newest blog. In this blog I will be taking every day, ordinary junk and turning it into something terrific! The transformations will amaze and hopefully inspire you. It is highly likely that this blog will change your life.

"Hold on, " you may be telling yourself, "this is nothing new, I see this kind of stuff every day all over blog land." Yes. Yes you do. But you have never seen ME do this. No. No you have not.

And here is the biggest catch of all....all the junk I transform will be items either free, found or gifted to me! Now that adds a whole new dimension of excitement, right? I thought so! I have a talent for attracting junk (the only exception is my husband of 11 years, he is a treasure). So sit back and enjoy... and now say to yourself, "that's junk! That's terrific! That's Junk-a-rific!!"

To get us warmed up, here is something I have done in the past....


Tuna cans into elegant mood candles....



Now who would take an old tuna can, attach nuts and bolts, rust it out in an old kitty litter bucket, then pour wax into it and give it as a gift. Yeah, that is me, and that is what this is all about. IT'S JUNK-A-RIFIC!

Since it is yard sale season, I will be stocking up on items to Junk-a-rific-fy. And already have a stash that will keep me through winter....I am going yard sale-ing Saturday, so look forward to perhaps my biggest challenge yet....I am challenging myself to find 3 free items, at 3 different sales and combine them to make something beautiful and new! and maybe even useful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey-
    I recognize this candle. Thanks for my junk-a-rific candle. :)
    Chair-ah

    ReplyDelete